XML output in Cognos 8.4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

XML output in Cognos 8.4

Post  niren on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:37 pm

I want to generate my cognos output in the desired XML format. (Not Cognos default XML format) - is there a way I can do it - can I create a xml template in cognos for that particular report XML output?
Then I want a functionality to place generated XML files in an FTP site.
The user will process by picking up the files from the input location and place the response in an output location.
The response received need to be recorded in the system and the failure records need to be flagged as they need to be resent.
I also need a solution to resend the records.

niren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

XML output in Cognos 8.4

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Regarding customized XML generation:
You can customize the default XML generation by writing some JAVA scripts either using JYTHON or PYTHON but one thing you need to keep in mind that what is the purpose to customize the XML code. Once you are modified the default XML generation then onwards Cognos Report Studio couldn't interperate the customized XML code.

Regarding FTP the XML file from <input location> to <output location> on a periodic basis:
This you can achieve by customized programming scripts either using JYTHON or PYTHON. I will send you the code snippet in my next conversation for your code reusability.

Hope, this gives you a fair idea for further diagnosing your problems so, start researching your issues on the above suggested area.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.xpertcog.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top